- Who composes the "General Assembly?" The website http://nycga.cc/ has statements in the name of the General Assembly dating back to August 19th. Who is putting out these statements?
- What, exactly, is the "General Assembly?" Does it claim to be, or aspire to be, a legislative or executive organization? Is it merely the currently anonymous mouthpiece of the movement? How does it relate to government authorities?
- Your group recently released your Declaration of the Occupation of New York City. What do you mean by "occupation?" Generally, that term is associated with the concept of control over the police powers in an area, i.e. the American occupation of Iraq. Are you claiming authority and if so, is this not an act of treason?
- That same document is effectively a litany of complaints against corporations. How do you intend to have any of them addressed? Who, exactly, are you expecting to take an action here?
- Your working draft claims you are a "direct democracy." How, exactly, does that work? I've heard claims that thousands of people attend your rally. Do they all get to put ideas up before this General Assembly and be heard? If so, how do you manage that? My concern here is that there may be only a few people directing this movement and website, while most of the people in the crowd merely chant back whatever it is you spoon feed them.
As you can guess by the content on this blog, I'm the libertarian type and don't exactly agree with your goals or philosophy, but I am doing my best to be open minded and understand your methods and goals. Answers to these questions beyond accusing me of being a corporate shrill would greatly further that objective.