Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Daily Snark 8/16

You can’t just make money on SUVs and trucks,” Obama said during a town hall forum in Cannon Falls, Minn. “There is a place for SUVs and trucks, but as gas prices keep on going up, you have got to understand the market."
I'm pretty sure I just peed myself a little. Nobody wants to buy SUVs and trucks? President Stimulus himself is lecturing others about not understanding the market?

Let me let you in on a little hint here, Mr. President. The "market" isn't a term for "what the President wants us to buy." It means the collective input of all people's economic decisions. Do you know how we learn what it is people want to buy? By what they purchase, in this case SUVs and trucks. So yes, they can make money on SUVs and trucks; I'm puzzled as to how you thought it would be otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment