Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Daily Snark 4/26

I could not care less about the royal wedding in the United Kingdom. Maybe back in the day when marriages of this level were conducted for political purposes, but not now. Some random schmuck who was born high in line for the British throne is getting married to some random chick from the burbs. 2 billion (yes, b as in boy) are expected to watch this? Further proof that 2 billion people could be making better use of their time. I tend to think of that monarchy as a relic. Burke may dislike this thought; I couldn't say for sure, which means this is a good time to go reread Burke. Which is what I will do, rather than watch a dull wedding. Anyway, the British monarchy is certainly not as vital as the French monarchy was back in the 1790's. Maybe it is an issue of pride, but I hear that really isn't the case anymore, either. Seems like Britain is doing its very best to destroy any sense of national identity. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I leave for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment