Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Daily Snark 4/21

I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything, anywhere, about the birther controversy. The plurality of Republicans apparently think he was born outside of the United States. Really, I don't think it is a salient issue for most people and not one Republicans should bother with. On the odd chance that definitive proof came out that Obama's term in office violates Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution's natural born citizenry clause, God help us. Everything Obama signed over the last two years would be null and void, which is rather difficult to do for dead soldiers in Afghanistan or money spent on bombs already dropped in Libya. Politics has no mulligans.

It may be time to remove that clause anyway. I don't know where he was born and frankly I don't think it matters much except for the fact that it is a part of the Constitution and we can't just pick and choose parts of the Constitution to follow as a nation without actually repealing them.

Hmm, this wasn't really snarky. I'll work on that for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment